Miranda Vineyard is Goshen’s first vineyard and is ideally located in the rolling Litchfield Hills near scenic two-lane highways, covered bridges, antique shops and historic inns.
Miranda Vineyard was planted in 2001 and first opened to the public May of 2007. Its bright and airy tasting room and large exterior deck make an excellent place to sit, relax, have a glass of wine and enjoy the company of good friends. The Vineyard is two hours from New York City and only an hour from the Hartford area. A visit to the area with its famous autumn foliage, historic sights and many wineries makes a great day trip or romantic weekend getaway.
Vintner, Manny Miranda, has taken Old World techniques passed down through his family for generations and perfected them by applying the latest modern technological advances. The results are hand-crafted, small batch wines for the discerning connoisseur. Picnics are welcome. Check website www.mirandavineyard.com for hours and events. Live Music every Sunday year round.
2. The Property, which we bought in 1995, has a rich agriculture history dating back to the 1800’s
3. We opened the winery in 2008
4. Currently have 33 acres of vines planted over 60 acres of rolling hills
5. Over 20 wines offered for sale. Most are from Estate grown grapes
6. Sunset Meadow is a true family business. George, Judy and son George and son in law Chris. All are involved in the business
7. George SR received his enology certificate (study of commercial wine making) from UC Davis in 2009
8. Sunset Meadow was named Yankee magazine’s “Best New England Family Winery” in 2010. The Wall Street Journal called Sunset Meadow “A hidden gem”. The New York Times included Sunset Meadow in a tri-state profile of “wineries to visit”
9. Our wines have won numerous Gold medals and “Best of competition” honors in both regional and national wine competitions
Savino Vineyards was established in the year 2000 with 150 vines. Today we have 3,000 vines growing 7 types of grapes. Gennaro Savino grew up in Teggiano, Italy, where he first learned about growing grapes and making wine. It was always his dream to own and operate his own vineyard in beautiful Woodbridge, CT! Our Tasting Room opened in 2007 with a small shed. In 2011, we expanded and built a larger tasting room with an outdoor patio. The Tasting Room is open from May to November on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. www.savinovineyards.com.
The list is complete…the following wineries will be at this year’s festival… Bishop’s Orchard Winery Priam Vineyards Jonathan Edwards Winery Sharpe Hill Vineyards Miranda Vineyards Hopkins Vineyard Paradise Hills Vineyards Taylor Brooke Winery Jones Farm Winery Sunset Meadow Vineyards DiGrazia … Continue reading →
Adams Hometown Market
Adams Hometown Market Grill
Annie Bananie Ice Cream
Cutting Edge Cuisine
Keifer’s Kettle Korn & Italian Ice
New England Apple Fritters
Plymouth Kettle Korn
The Cheesy Smoke House
The Ultimate BBQ
Zach and Lou’s Barbecue
CT Specialty Foods Vendors
Capi Di Roma
Cork & Brew
Gems & Things
JD’s Salsa in Seconds
Nantu Tamia Creations
Next Step Living
Painted by the Shore
Power Home Remodeling Group
Recycled Bottle Crafts
The Flavored Olive
The Olive Oil Factory
Waddell & Reed
Want to know more about The Connecticut wine trail? It’s a unique collection of twenty-five vineyards, each ready to welcome you with hospitality and exceptional award winning wines. The trail is divided into two sections, East and West. The wineries and vineyards of the Connecticut Wine Trail are all members of the Connecticut Vineyard and Winery Association. This organization is dedicated to the development and promotion of Connecticut as a wine producing region. The collective efforts of the CVWA increase awareness and appreciation for the quality wines produced in Connecticut. To fully enjoy the Wine Trail, plan a few weekends to experience all that each winery has to offer. Visit www.ctwine.com to help plan your trip and see where the trail leads you.